June 13, 2011
Posted by on
Calling out to all freshmen! The NUS Literary Society is holding a 2 Days 1 Night freshmen orientation camp on 12 July 2011.
are planning to major/minor/take some courses in English Language, English Literature or Theatre Studies (aka ELL) in NUS;
wish to make new friends and potential coursemate before the academic year starts;
want to meet seniors who will share advice regarding which modules to take (and which to avoid);
join us at our camp! Register at:
Hi all, please download, print out and bring the indemnity form to the camp. There are two different forms: U21 and 21(and above). Please select the form according to your age. Thanks! 🙂
Ell FOC U21 Indemnity Form
Ell FOC 21 Indemnity Form
June 12, 2011
Posted by on
Okay, this post is where we list out more details for our English Language and Literature Freshment Orientation Camp 2011. Phew, that’s a mouthful! We are still in the process of finalising our plans, so things may change (but probably not by much).
– We welcome everyone, regardless of faculty, as long as you’re a freshman and you have an interest in Literature/Linguistics/Theatre Studies. We’d have a nice mixture of literary stuff and fun camp stuff!
– The $15 fee includes an ELL T-Shirt.
– Meals are not included, but we’ll be eating in the NUS canteens so it shouldn’t cost too much.
– There is a one-night sleepover in NUS (tentative venue is LT8). Bring your sleeping bags!
– There will be a CORS presentation by seniors, including which modules to take and which not to take. NUS has a modular system where you bid for the courses that you take every semester. Don’t worry, we’ll explain everything.
– NUS is built on a ridge which gives it the nickname of National University of Stairs. Thus, knowing shortcuts will make your life a lot easier. We’d have a guided tour of how to criss-cross the campus in the least exhausting way possible!
– Board games, card games, you won’t be bored!
– More details will be made known as we finalise our itinerary.