NUS ELL FOC 2011 – Details
June 12, 2011
Posted by on
Okay, this post is where we list out more details for our English Language and Literature Freshment Orientation Camp 2011. Phew, that’s a mouthful! We are still in the process of finalising our plans, so things may change (but probably not by much).
– We welcome everyone, regardless of faculty, as long as you’re a freshman and you have an interest in Literature/Linguistics/Theatre Studies. We’d have a nice mixture of literary stuff and fun camp stuff!
– The $15 fee includes an ELL T-Shirt.
– Meals are not included, but we’ll be eating in the NUS canteens so it shouldn’t cost too much.
– There is a one-night sleepover in NUS (tentative venue is LT8). Bring your sleeping bags!
– There will be a CORS presentation by seniors, including which modules to take and which not to take. NUS has a modular system where you bid for the courses that you take every semester. Don’t worry, we’ll explain everything.
– NUS is built on a ridge which gives it the nickname of National University of Stairs. Thus, knowing shortcuts will make your life a lot easier. We’d have a guided tour of how to criss-cross the campus in the least exhausting way possible!
– Board games, card games, you won’t be bored!
– More details will be made known as we finalise our itinerary.